or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Owen L TOwen L T commented  · 

Came to this forum after googling "spire preset browser", to see if I was missing something. I wasn't. Virtually every modern synth plug-in from all manufacturers (yes, even Arturia - finally) allows you to switch to a preset-browser window, where you can see all the presets - and not just 128 at a time, before having to load another bank, which you have to with spire - and easily navigate up/down/left/right with the arrow keys on your mouse. This is the ONLY way to flip through presets when you're in the creative zone, and looking for ideas. The sound of Spire is great, but I just don't use it in my projects for this reason.

• Anonymous commented  · 

totally agree. Super annoying.

• BennyBenny commented  · 

Agreed, just made a similar request.
        It's an absolute headache trying to locate the particular sound you're after, sometimes I have to load a project just to get the name (bank is not displayed which is another issue!).

Also the rating of each preset would help a great deal, then being able to arrange sounds based on ratings by applying a filter to display, lets say only Pluck sounds.

• danreneerdanreneer commented  · 

Please please please do a better browser! Check out the Zebra2 browser for a great example. The bank model is very annoying to use.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It could be very handy to see the name of the bank that is actually loaded in the GUI.
        And a good preset browser could be very helpful for composers, as in the creative time it's important to find the sounds easilly, not to lose focus on the musical idea.
        The browser could contain the following:
        A rating system
        A search system
        A tag system
        There are so many soundsets !!

• wltchriswltchris commented  · 

Hi. I do not think the current preset browser system is particularly user friendly. Instead of a system of separate banks that contain random genres of sounds, I think it would be much more useful to have banks separated by type of sound eg. a bank of pads, a bank of leads, a bank of basses, a bank of arps, a bank of sequences etc. This way all similar sounds would be in one place instead of having to constantly go from bank to bank if you are for example looking for a pad. I think the current system is long winded and not user friendly.

Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base